Text: Genesis 3:15
Main Idea: Through Jesus, our gracious God defeats the enemy of our souls, redeems us from sin, and restores our relationship with Him.
- God graciously takes initiative to restore fallen people.
- The conflict with evil is real and long-lasting.
- Jesus has conquered the enemy of our souls!
- Complete victory is certain!
- Victory comes through suffering.
Discussion Questions: Why is it significant that God responded with grace immediately after man's fall into sin? How might we be deceived to believe that what God gives us is not good, and to pursue what we think is better? Who is the "offspring" (seed) of the woman? How did Jesus rescue and free us from such pursuits? A.W. Pink wrote, "The redeemed have gained more through the last Adam than they lost through the first Adam." How is that true? Do you live daily life from more context of the assurance of victory, or the prospect of defeat? Why?