Text: Romans 11:33-36
Main Idea: God alone is due all glory for our salvation as it was appointed by Him, accompanied by Him, and ultimately has His glory as its goal.
- The glory of God is an internal attribute of His infinite, intrinsic worth. (Romans 11:33-36)
- God is gloriously incomprehensible. (Romans 11:33)
- God is sovereignly glorious. (Romans 11:34-35)
- God alone is of eternal, infinite, glorious worth! (Romans 11:36)
- God alone should be glorified because of who He is and what He has done. (Psalm 115:1; 1 Cor 15:3-4; John 3:16; Rom 3:23-24; Rom 5:8-9; Heb 2:10)
- God alone is glorified when we joyfully reflect His glory in every area of life. (Eph 2:1-10; Rom 12:1; Col 3:17; 1 Cor 10:31; 2 Cor 5:17-20; Eph 3:14-21)
Discussion Questions: Thomas Watson said that glorifying God consists of four things: Appreciation, Adoration, Affection, & Subjection. Evaluate your heart in each of these areas and ask, "Am I glorifying God?" How does God's sovereignty in salvation affect your view of Him? As God's ambassadors, our lives are about Him and for Him, not us. What are the areas of your life that you are strong in this regard and which need work?