Text: Matthew 6:19-24
Main Idea: When we recognize that we are managers of God's blessings we will glorify God by managing money God's way.
- God is the owner of everything.
- Psalm 24:1; Haggai 2:7-8
- We are stewards of God's blessings.
- Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:15
- As God's people, we are to be faithful managers of God's blessings.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 4:2
- Managing money is a particularly important aspect of stewardship.
- How do we manage money God's way?
- You need a plan
- Tithe out of the resources you get
- Save for emergencies
- Protect with insurance
- Spend the money
- Eliminate debt
- Save for the future
- Pay honest taxes
- Enjoy what's left over
- Leave an inheritance (Proverbs 22:6)
Discussion Questions: Why do material things have such a strong pull on us? Is it difficult for you to recognize that God owns everything? Why? Does the way you manage money reflect that God owns everything and you are to be a faithful manager of it? Which particular application from point 5 might you need help with today?